Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Why do u have to make things so complicated ?

Getting quality entertainment was never easy. It cant get harder. After 8 hours of "No Work" at office ( " No Work" is more tiring ) I thought of doing something interesting. But as many will tell you its never easy to do interesting things when you are in a new place surrounded by new faces. The only resort was to watch a "Movie".

So ,S and myself went to the nearest INOX and decided to watch "No Smoking " . We could not have made a worse decision. I had made an informed decision by deciding to watch "No Smoking" since one of my friends whose recommendations I trust had told me that "No Smoking" is a pretty neat movie.I am not listening to her recommendations again. Directed by Anurag Kashyap (of Black friday fame ) ,a star cast which included John Abraham, Ayesha Takia, Paresh rawal and a off track story line , the movie promised to be good.

I used to debate that Indian directors dont make movie on off track subjects because there is no audience for that kind of stuff. Well now after repeatedly getting disappointed I am convinced that bollywood directors are best at making the usual romantic melodramatic happy ending movies.Did Anurag not see his movie before releasing it to the audience.? And if he did then did he "understand " what he made. ? Paresh rawal is Baba bengali or something in the movie who frees people of their addiction to smoking by killing their family members or cutting their fingers.He works in a dungeon which cannot be accessed by anyone. He is supernatural.the movie is supernatural.Nothing is real about the movie. The movie has a chilling distance from its audience. The director shows what he wants unmindful of his audience.One can keep scratching one's head but one cant keep track of the events of the movie. The only good thing about the movie is the visuals. Yeah , If u like John then its a treat for you. You can see a lot of him.

All I can say is that if Bollywood wants to be different then for God's sake stop taking half measures. If you want to make an unreal movie then set the right tone. What good is a movie if after 2 hrs of intense concentration and spending over 500 bucks one could not understand the movie. For S , yeah she liked John.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same S you and I know and have talked about quite often?

Harsh Khaitan said...

Hey Arnab... I was looking for a commnet on the blog :)

Rebelzz said...

Oye, I told you 'Thank you for smoking' is good.. Do not defame me on a public forum *angry glare*

Harsh Khaitan said...

Sorry Swetha... I misunderstood.. I still trust yr recos